What is PostScript?
PostScript is a printing language that is the worldwide standard for imaging. PostScript communicates data from your computer to the printer. PostScript is used by organizations of all types to efficiently and reliably produce quality documents.
A Few Features of PostScript:
- Gives your device the ability to print complex, graphic & text-rich documents correctly
- Delivers support for transparent & layered artwork
- PostScript provides advanced color support. This allows for consistent and accurate color output so you print the colors you expect.
- Offers smooth shading and gradients.Allows for users to print from Mac computers.
Can I print from a Mac?
Yes, however, to print from a Mac, your Sharp device must have PostScript capability. Some models come standard with PostScript capability. An optional PostScript Kit can be purchased for those that don’t already have it. Please call 800-303-0118 and we can help you determine whether your Sharp device has PostScript capability or not.
Can I print from a smart phone or tablet?
Yes. It is possible to print from a smart phone or tablet device. There are a variety of ways to do this, please call 800-303-0118 to find out how.
How do I print envelopes from my Sharp Copier?
There are several ways to print envelopes. Please call 800-303-0118 to learn more, or to request a Key-Op Training.
When I print from Adobe, the output just looks like gibberish and symbols; what should I do?
- Right-click the Sharp printer found in Printers and Faxes (Control Panel) or Devices and Printers in Windows 7
- Select Printing Preferences
- Click the Advanced tab
- Click the Font button
- Select Download Fonts (for the top drop-down menu)
- Select Download As Bitmap Font (for the bottom drop-down menu) When this is done, you may need to close and reopen the file to refresh.